CBD Routines for Period Health
Backaches. Cramps. Headaches. Bloating. Nausea. All the not-so-fun symptoms that come along with your period. They leave you feeling uncomfortable and even bedridden with unbearable discomfort for some. When symptoms pop up you need trusted, go-to products that will bring you relief month after month. While you may already use CBD for stress relief, better sleep, and unwinding at night – what if we told you that Full-Spectrum CBD can also be a powerful tool to help relieve menstruation discomfort?
CBD Routines for Period Health
Since THC is powerful in relieving discomfort and CBD has soothing properties, they work together to decrease the hormone-like substance that causes discomfort (goodbye headaches & muscle aches!). CBD and THC also work to decrease cortisol levels, a hormone that is released when our bodies are stressed mentally or physically. Increased cortisol leads to increased bloating, stress, and discomfort. So, using CBD can lead to decreased discomfort overall during your period and throughout the menstruation cycle.
Below, our Certified Wellness Coaches weigh in on best products to use for symptomatic relief, best practices, and top tips to make that time of the month more bearable.
Get the Period Routine Now
Subscribe & Save 25%
At the onset of physical symptoms from your period, apply Relief Balm to areas of physical discomfort like temples, lower abdomen, and lower back. Use a pea-sized amount on each area that is affected. Apply more if you are finding no improvements after about 30 minutes! You may want to apply every 4 hours if the discomfort persists throughout the day.
Take an episodic dose of the Daily Drops at the onset of physical discomfort such as cramps, headaches/migraines, or if you’re feeling extra on edge. Start with a ½ Dropper (5mg/0.5mL) and wait 20-30 minutes to see how you feel. If you notice no relief or improvement, you could try a 1/4 Dropper (2.5mg/0.25mL). We want to go low and slow, giving you the ability to increase your dose in small increments for greater precision.
For consistent, gentle support to help regulate hormones and, over time, lessen the intensity of PMS symptoms or menstrual cycle symptoms, consider a Daily Softgel after eating a healthy fat. Softgels provide extended coverage throughout your day if you tend to be busy throughout the daytime with work/on-the-go.
Mindful Mineral Soak
Combining CBD with aromatherapy and heat can do wonders for period discomfort, inducing sleep, quieting our mind, and lifting our mood. Draw a hot bath and pour 1 scoop of the Mindful Mineral Soak into the bath. Soak in the bath for at least half an hour. This could allow your skin to absorb the warmth and CBD to help soothe your discomfort. It’s important to focus on taking care of yourself when you need it most!
5 Pro Tips for Additional Relief:
- Whether you experience more discomfort leading into your period or during your menstrual cycle, adjust your CBD routine at that time to add more support. Add a ¼ -½ dropper dose (regular strength) to your regular daily dose or consider doubling up on your Softgels (regular strength) if you currently take your Softgel after dinner for stronger support overnight.
- For period cramps, apply Relief Balm to the abdomen and lower back followed by a heating pad for further support. In addition, take a warm bath using our Mindful Mineral Soak for an extra layer of self-care.
- If you typically need to take 3-4 Advil several times a day for debilitating period cramps, you may be a better candidate for our Extra Strength Drops
- Take a short walk. Exercise can increase blood flow and boost your endorphins and we know that is a good thing when we can feel moody, tired, or off balance.
- Reach for your Dynamic Roller Duo if you experience headaches or migraines. Apply on pressure points, such as on the temples at the start of a headache, or along the neck and back for tension.
We understand every woman’s period is different. As always, we recommend consulting with our Certified Wellness Coaches to help you determine what products are best for your unique needs. With every EQ purchase, you receive complimentary Wellness Coaching Sessions, through email or phone. No up-selling, just education, and personalization of your routine.