How to Find Your Happy – A Quickie Primer 😎
The Science of Happiness…
Is just what it sounds like – a research-based study of how humans cultivate happiness. It reveals a host of mental, emotional, and physical benefits around being happy and – no surprise – suggests that happiness may even lead to a longer, healthier life. 
While actually achieving happiness can feel out of reach for many of us, the good news is that the research tells us that we can all feel more joy, and that there are clear steps anyone can take to feel happier.
In this two week “quickie primer,” we aim to help you do just that by introducing simple, actionable ways to bring more happiness into your daily life. With a combination of short lessons and prompts, we’ll work on the following:
✔️ Goal setting & achievement
✔️ Fostering strong social connections
✔️ Practicing gratitude
✔️ Moving your body
BEFORE GETTING STARTED…
- Set your baseline – take this happiness quiz to understand how happy you are today and where there’s room for growth.
- Things are generally better with a friend, to keep yourself accountable, share this primer with a friend or loved one and work through it together!
Day 1: GOAL SETTING
Research shows that setting personal goals that are both realistic and aligned with your interests can lead to more happiness and satisfaction. 
- Identify 1 wellness goal for the next 2 weeks. Reflect on your “why.” Why is this goal important to you? How will it contribute to your happiness?
- Now take a moment to think about what progress looks like for you. Emphasis on progress not perfection. What incremental improvements would signify you’re moving in the right direction.
📝PROMPT: Make a list of small wins that will signify to you that you’re on the right track towards your unique goal. Here’s a worksheet to help you keep track of them (your answers will be saved in your MYEQ account so that you can reference them at any time). We’ve also included some “small wins” thought starters to help get your juices flowing.
GOAL SETTING EXERCISE
Days 2-6: GOAL GETTING
Over the next few days we’ll introduce a variety of daily techniques to keep you on track with achieving your goal. Use what works, ditch what doesn’t.
- Build a new habit by linking it to an existing habit. For example, if you want to start drinking water with lemon every morning, do it right after brushing your teeth to make the new habit easier to remember and do consistently.
- 📝PROMPT: Make a list of some regular habits you could stack onto.
HABIT STACKING EXERCISE
- Pair something you don’t want to do with something you like doing. For example, only watch your favorite TV show while walking on the treadmill to make the task you’d normally resist feel less painful.
- 📝PROMPT: Make a list of some of your favorite things to do each day (this is a happiness-inducing activity in and of itself!) EFFICIENCY HACK: is one of the habits you listed out yesterday ALSO something you love doing?
TEMPTATION BUNDLING EXERCISE
- What you focus on and take specific action to achieve is more likely to become a reality. Visualization trains your brain to act as if, increasing the likelihood you’ll be able to achieve your goals.
- 📝PROMPT: Watch this 3-minute visualization guide from NYT Best-Selling Author and coach, Gabby Bernstein.
- What barriers could prevent you from achieving your goals? Negative thought patterns, lack of confidence, lack of resources, or societal judgment? By preempting the things that may hold you back, you can clear the way for success.
- 📝PROMPT: Make a list of potential barriers that could derail your progress.
BARRIER IDENTIFICATION EXERCISE
Day 7: WEEK 1 REVIEW
It’s been a week. Hold for applause—and then, let’s pause. It’s time to reflect on the past week.
- 📝PROMPT: Use our reflection worksheet to help you think about where you started, how far you’ve come, and where you’re still working things out.
WEEK 1 REFLECTION – HAS IT BEEN A WEEK ALREADY?
Days 8-9: FOSTERING SOCIAL CONNECTIONS
Humans are social creatures, and we have an innate need to connect with others. Research shows that people with strong social connections live longer, and conversely that loneliness is damaging to our physical health.
- PROMPT: Commit to doing something that will help you better connect with someone in the next two days. We’ve provided some ideas for what to do.
BONUS TIP: If socializing of any kind ever makes you feel anxious, you’re not alone. Equilibria’s Stress Gummies are a natural “chill pill” packed with adaptogenic, mood-boosting functional mushrooms that will keep you feeling centered when anxiety starts to creep.
CHOOSE YOUR OWN (SOCIAL) ADVENTURE
Day 10-11: CULTIVATE GRATITUDE
The goal of a gratitude practice is to train your brain to have a more positive outlook and to organically cultivate positive feelings. Research has shown that practicing gratitude can have benefits including increased happiness and well-being, improved relationships, and better physical health. Psychologist Christina Costa offers some proof in her 2021 TED Talk.
- 📝PROMPT: Commit to incorporating a gratitude practice into your routine for the next two days. We’ve provided some ideas for how to do it.
CHOOSE YOUR OWN (GRATITUDE) ADVENTURE
Day 12-13: MOVE YOUR BODY
Exercise causes the body to release chemicals that boost your sense of well-being and suppress hormones that cause stress and anxiety. Plus, it increases energy levels which are directly related to happiness levels.
- 📝PROMPT: Commit to physical activity once a day for the next two days. We’ve got some fun ideas that won’t feel like work.
BONUS TIP: feel like your energy is lagging? Try Equilibria’s Energy Capsules.With proven nootropic ingredients, these capsules deliver calm, focused energy so your mind and body can operate at peak performance.
CHOOSE YOUR OWN (EXERCISE) ADVENTURE
Day 14: WEEK 2 REVIEW
Time to reflect! How did this week go? Was it easier or harder than last week? Remember – achieving a goal, happiness or otherwise, is often not linear. Reflecting on the work you’ve done and deciding how to adjust go-forward, is a key part of the process.
- 📝PROMPT: On this final day of our Quickie Happiness Primer, think about the new happiness tactics introduced in Week 2 and then reflect more broadly on the full program. We also recommend you re-take the happiness quiz to understand how you’ve moved from your baseline.
WEEK 2 REFLECTION & PROGRAM REVIEW
CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ARE SUCCESSFULLY ON YOUR WAY TO LIVING A HAPPIER LIFE. WE HOPE YOU’VE ENJOYED THE EXPERIENCE AND THAT YOU’VE FOUND TOOLS THAT YOU WILL TAKE WITH YOU AS YOU CONTINUE TO WORK TOWARD FINDING YOUR HAPPY.