CBD Experts Share Their Favorite Wind-Down Routines
Have you ever found yourself restless and wide-awake in the evening before bed? You know the day is over, but somehow your mind continues to fixate on concerns about work, family, and the future. Most of us have been there at one point or another. As much as we try to force ourselves to relax right before hitting the pillow, it seems to only make things worse and our sleep can be negatively impacted. Health professionals suggest utilizing relaxation strategies as a part of a nightly wind-down routine to help with sleep problems.
Did you know CBD can be a great addition to your evening self-care routine to help your body to prepare for bed? In fact, quite a few of our members tell us they notice an easier time relaxing and getting quality rest when they pair their CBD alongside an evening wind-down routine. CBD can work with your body to support you in feeling less stressed in the evening, but it’s not a fix. Oftentimes, the best results are seen with CBD when coupled with other healthy lifestyle activities, such as journaling or mindfulness practices.
CBD Experts Share Their Favorite Wind Down Routines
The Importance of A Wind-Down Routine
According to Dr. Kelly Baron, a sleep expert at the University of Utah Health, sleep and stress have a two-way relationship. Stress can impact your sleep and in turn, poor-quality sleep can affect the way you perceive and handle stress. She suggests putting into practice a wind-down routine about an hour before bed with relaxing activities such as reading. She also recommends trying to stay in the moment as well as implementing healthy eating and physical activity to manage stress and support improved sleep.
Additionally, a randomized control trial conducted at the University of Southern California Los Angeles suggests that adults experiencing sleep disturbances may benefit from implementing mindfulness meditation practices before bedtime to promote better sleep quality.
The bottom line is introducing an evening wind-down routine paired with your CBD routine could be a useful strategy in promoting better overall physical and mental health.
The Benefits of A Wind-Down Routine
- Reducing stress
- Keeping your mind focused in the moment
- Helping your body recognize bedtime and promote a healthy sleep-wake cycle
- Encouraging restorative sleep
- Promoting overall health
At Equilibria, we believe that sticking with a nighttime relaxation routine is a great way to support overall health and wellness. We know it can be challenging to figure out where and how to get started to help you wind down after a long day, so we’ve shared a few evening wind-down routines from some of our CBD experts from the Member Education Team.
Bee’s Wind-Down Routine
- 30 Minutes Before Ending Work: 1 full dropper (10mg/1mL) of Daily Drops
- After Work: Yoga or light stretching with music
- After Dinner: Reading or meditation
- An Hour Before Bed: 1 Daily Softgel (10mg)
Heather’s Wind-Down Routine
- About an Hour Before Bed: soak in a warm bath with coconut milk and a few drops of Nourishing Body Oil
- Post-Bath: Applying Nourishing Body Oil and Daily Treatment Oil
- Before Bed: 1 Daily Gummy (10mg)
Editor’s Note: Daily Treatment Oil is discontinued. For tips and tricks on how to use our other Equilibria products for skin concerns, reach out to your Dosage Specialist or check out this article.
Aimee’s Wind-Down Routine
- After Work: 1 Daily Gummy (10mg)
- About An Hour Before Bed: 1 Daily Gummy (10mg)
- Bedtime: 1 full dropper (10mg/1mL) Daily Drops and Relief Balm applied to feet
- As-Needed: Mindful Mineral Soak 2 hours before bed on extra hectic days
Looking to create your own evening wind-down routine? Check out these ideas to help you find your personalized evening wind-down routine.
7 Ideas for Building Your Own Routine
- Start unwinding at least an hour or two before bed (this can include taking your CBD dose earlier in the evening)
- Avoid screen time about an hour before bed
- Enjoy a warm bath
- Read a book or journal your thoughts
- Meditate or use mindfulness practices
- Do some bedtime yoga
- Listen to relaxing music
If you struggle with holding onto stress after a busy day, there’s nothing worse than a night of tossing and turning for hours only to wake up to your alarm feeling drained. Stress from work, family, and life in general can contribute to a difficult time getting quality sleep. Building an evening wind-down routine alongside your CBD routine to support relaxation could be a helpful strategy to combat bedtime woes.
Need help with your evening CBD routine? We’re here to help! Take our personalized routine quiz to figure out where to get started or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch with a Dosage Specialist.