So many things can throw a wrench in our ability to cultivate a healthy relationship to sex. Things like internalizing negative messages about our bodies & sex, plus chronic stress can lead to unfulfilling sexual experiences. One of the first steps to addressing these roadblocks is reframing sex as a form of self-care – starting with self-pleasure. There’s no one-size-fits-all definition of self-pleasure; it is yours and yours alone. Landing on your personal definition means exploring and learning how to pleasure your own body. And be with your own body without judgment. You could go dancing, take a virtual fitness class you love, play a sport, or flaunt your favorite outfit or jewelry (even if it’s just around the house or on your daily walk).
In addition to giving yourself permission and enjoying a physical activity that enhances how you feel in your body, adding CBD to your daily routine can also be helpful. A study published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine found that higher concentrations of cannabinoids in women’s systems were significantly associated with sexual arousal.
Ready to add CBD to your pleasure-enhancing wellness protocol? Below, our Dosage Specialists recommend the best product routine and top tips for your sexual health.
Get the Sexual Health Routine
Take 1/2 Dropper to 1 full dropper of our Daily Drops in the evening so you feel more relaxed and in a better mood prior to sexual activity. This can also help with any stress or anxiety you may have that could hinder your ability to relax with your partner.
Dynamic Roller Duo
Apply the calming roller ball to your pulse points and just behind the ear for additional help with winding down and taking the edge off.
Balancing Bath Bombs
If sexual activity is anticipated, run yourself a warm bath with one of our balancing bath bombs to help relax your muscles and get you into a calmer state of mind. Be sure to drink plenty of water before and after your bath to stay hydrated
- Drink plenty of water and follow your regular CBD routine throughout the day to manage stress.
- Consider using our CBD Bath Bombs with your partner before sexual activity.
- Cannabinoids, like CBD, have been shown to heighten sensations such as touch, smell, sight, taste, and hearing.
- Other things you can do in addition to consistent CBD…
- Herbal yoni steams
- Stretching through yoga targeted for your pelvic floor regularly
- Adding fresh okra into your diet – herbal supplements like Maca root powder or Kacip Fatima are beneficial but Maca root can also increase appetite so you want to be careful with that one if you aren’t looking for added weight gain
For additional recommendations and tips from our Dosage Specialists, we offer unlimited Dosage Support through email or phone with every Equilibria purchase. Our Dosage Specialists are here to help guide and educate you to create a healthy, balanced CBD routine.