5 CBD Facts You Probably Didn’t Know
These days, it seems like CBD and CBD-based products are everywhere you look. But how much do you really know about CBD? Here at Equilibria, we believe that an educated consumer is one who can make the best decisions about what products to use and how to use them. Even if you already know the basics, there are still a number of CBD facts that may surprise you! Here are 5 CBD facts you probably didn’t know.
5 CBD Facts You Probably Didn’t Know
1. Hemp and CBD are not the same thing
Although many people and companies use the terms interchangeably, hemp and CBD are distinctly different (although related). Hemp is the plant that CBD is derived from. It’s also the same species of plant (Cannabis sativa) as marijuana, but cultivated to contain no more than 0.3% THC. This means CBD will not get you high.
While oil can be extracted from hemp seeds, this oil — commonly referred to as “hemp seed oil” — is not the same as CBD. It generally contains no CBD at all. CBD oil is extracted from hemp using a different process than extracting hemp seed oil, and in Equilibria’s case, using only the flowers of the hemp plant for the purest CBD possible.
2. CBD is only one of many cannabinoids
While CBD and THC get most of the attention, there are actually more than 100 other cannabinoids found in Cannabis sativa. They do their best work together via the “entourage effect,” with each compound aiding the others for increased efficiency and results. Equilibria’s products contain three to four times the industry average number of cannabinoids and terpenes. This ensures our members get the highest quality, most effective formulations in their daily dose.
3. CBD usage has a longer history than you might think
Use of the cannabis plant for medicinal purposes has been historically documented around the world for thousands of years. Focused study of CBD on its own dates back to 1940, when the cannabinoid, derived from Minnesota wild hemp, was first isolated, and detailed research of its structure and chemical makeup commenced in 1963, paving the way for modern CBD research.
4. CBD may also be beneficial for pets
Just as scientific research is examining CBD’s effects on various aspects of human health and well-being, the benefits of CBD on animals is also under intense study. Anecdotal evidence points to CBD being effective in managing discomfort and stress in pets, with many pet owners and veterinarians choosing to use CBD to help maintain pets’ centeredness and ease aches and discomfort. Always make sure to consult with your vet before introducing anything new into your pet’s routine!
5. The form in which you take CBD matters
CBD is CBD, right? Well, not exactly. Not only do different kinds of CBD exist, but the way it’s delivered makes a difference as well. To start, most CBD on the market falls within one of several categories:
- Full-spectrum: Full-spectrum formulations like Equilibria’s contain not only CBD, but a variety of cannabinoids and terpenes, including less than 0.3% THC. Using the entourage effect, these components work together to maximize the CBD’s efficiency and allow for a lower dosage and more effective results.
- Isolate: This form of CBD contains only cannabidiol without any other cannabinoids. Typically, it takes a much higher dosage of isolate CBD to see similar results to full-spectrum formulations.
- Broad-spectrum: While broad-spectrum CBD includes a number of other cannabinoids, it is formulated to exclude THC entirely, leaving out one of the most important components of the entourage effect.
And how you take your CBD makes a difference, too! Each method of delivery varies in how your body processes and utilizes CBD, so make sure to use the form that works best for you. Equilibria’s formulations include:
- Sublingual: Our Daily Drops are taken under the tongue, bypassing the digestive system and absorbing quickly for a faster onset of relief. Need more immediate support? Rapid Calming Melts are perfect for moments of stress.
- Ingestible: Daily Softgels provide an extended release option that will have you feeling balanced all day long.
- Topical: Our topical formulations, including Relief Balm, the Dynamic Roller Duo, and more, provide targeted relief for aches and discomfort.
Now that you know these 5 CBD facts, continue learning our Youtube page!
Ready to discover what CBD can do for you? Our Dosage Specialists can help you determine the right daily routine for you and your life. Schedule your call to find your perfect dosage.