With the arrival of warmer weather, many of us find that our physical activity levels naturally increase. Whether you prefer taking a long afternoon walk, working in the garden or yard, or taking your workout outside, an increase in activity can often lead to an uptick in aches, pains, and discomfort. Foot discomfort is unfortunately common as we start to move more, due to increased activity, a variety of movements our bodies may not yet be used to, and the transition to athletic footwear, which can often require an adjustment period.
Since healthy, pain-free feet are a critical part of exercise and other forms of mindful movement, treating your feet well will help you on your path to making movement more a part of your everyday journey. Here at Equilibria, we have a variety of ways to help your hardworking feet stay strong and free of discomfort.
3 Remedies to Sooth Sore Feet
Start With a Soak
A foot soak is a time-tested method of relieving tired feet, but did you know you can make a soak much more effective by engaging the body’s endocannabinoid system? The endocannabinoid system, which includes the skin, is our body’s way of regulating balance and can utilize the benefits of cannabinoids such as CBD, which research shows can help regulate inflammation and pain.
Add Equilibria’s Mindful Mineral Soak to a bathtub, basin, or bowl to make your own foot soak, and let the sea salts, comforting aroma, and full-spectrum CBD ease your aching feet.
Alleviate Discomfort With Massage
After luxuriating in your foot soak, take your foot care one step further with a self-massage to soothe stress and aches. To get the most out of your massage, use our Relief Balm as a massage cream, letting the full-spectrum CBD, arnica, and menthol work together to bring you the ultimate in better-than-topical relief. Try the following techniques, easy enough for even a novice to perform:
- Arch massage: Hold the toes of one foot with one hand, and use the thumb or fingers of the other hand to apply pressure up and down the arch from the ball of the foot to the heel.
- Toe stretch: With one hand, gently pull back on the toes toward the top of the foot. Use the other hand to apply light pressure to the arch.
- Sole fan massage: Wrap both hands around one foot with thumbs on the sole and fingers along the top of the foot. Using smooth, broad strokes, fan thumbs up and outward, repeating up and down the length of the sole.
- Sole thumb circles: With both hands wrapped around the foot, move thumbs in circular kneading motions, working across the ball of the foot, down the outer side, into the heel, and up the arch.
- Assisted foot roll: Place a tennis ball, foam roller, or another tool on the ground, and from a seated position, gently roll the foot over the ball, adjusting pressure and placement as needed.
Incorporate a Holistic Approach
When you’re dealing with the inflammation and pain associated with keeping your body moving and healthy, make sure you’re getting the maximum benefits you can for your entire body, not just your aching feet. Studies have shown that full-spectrum CBD products, which include a variety of beneficial cannabinoids working in harmony, could be beneficial in treating pain and inflammation throughout the body.
Our Daily Softgels are a great way to get your daily dose of full-spectrum, hand-harvested, and third-party lab-tested CBD, so you know you’re always getting the highest quality possible. Treating your body holistically with Equilibria’s full-spectrum CBD will help you on your wellness journey, whatever path you take.